Galapagos National Park Rules:
Welcome, and thank you for considering visiting the Galapagos. Please bear the following information in mind during your stay:
1) To visit the national park you must always be accompanied by a certified Galapagos National Park Guide.
2) Galapagos is a unique and fragile environment. Take only photographs and video. Professional shooting needs authorization from the National Park.
3) Please stay within the limits of the walking trails, for your safety and that of the flora and fauna./
4) To avoid affecting the wildlife’s natural behaviour please avoid getting closer then 2 metres to the animals.
5) Camping is only allowed in specific sites. If you wish to camp, you must first obtain a permit from the Galapagos National Park
6) Help conservation by cooperating with the authorities in their inspection, monitoring and control duties. Report any anomalies to the National park.
7) Do not introduce foreign organisms to the islands as these can have a negative impact on the ecosystem.
8) Please do not buy souvenirs which are made from black coral, sea shells, sea lion teeth, tortoise shell, volcanic rock or endemic woods.
9) Galapagos animals have their own feeding behaviour. Never feed the animals. Feeding them can be detrimental to their health.
10) Galapagos landscapes are beautiful and unique. Do not spoil them by writing or etching rocks or trees.
11) Do not litter while on the islands. Always dispose of rubbish in a safe and appropriate way.
12) Smoking or making camp fires in the national park areas is forbidden and can cause devastating fires.
13) Fishing is strictly forbidden, except on those boats specifically authorised by the Galapagos National Park for that purpose only.
14) Jet skiing, submarines, water skiing and aerial tourism are all forbidden.