Galapagos Travel Pack List
The most important: if you are on any treatment that requires regular intake of any medicines or allergic, please make sure you have enough of the medicines for the period of your stay. Please also consult your physician and follow his recommendations related to the trip. Do not forget the prescription copy in case the medicines require it.
DocumentsCheck the set of papers to take with you: passport, travel documents, tickets, travel insurance (it is absolutely necessary to travel in Ecuador), vaccination certificates (if any).
- One large backpack or one duffel bag or suitcase (max. 20kg)
- One small daypack (max.6kg)
- If you use several means of transportation (aircrafts, buses, canoes etc) during your travel in Ecuador, it is imperative to limit your luggage. Luggage not needed can be stored in your city hotel. If going into the jungle or doing active travel it is also better to travel with backpacks instead of suitcases.
- Comfortable, casual clothing is recommended aboard the ships.
- Windbreaker type jacket
- long pants, shorts
- light sweater (nights could be colder)
- Underwear (avoid synthetics)
- 1 Brim hat
- Bathing suit.
- Sunglasses with a strap.
- 1 pair of comfortable walking or hiking shoes or sandals
- 1 pair of sneakers or sports footwear
- 1 pair of thongs or Tevas
- Extra eye glasses/contact lenses.
- Sun block lotion (at least protection 8).
- Insect repellent.
- Toilet kit.
- Tampons or sanitary towels (available in the cities)
- We recommend to bring your own snorkel equipment
- Flashlight (headlamps models are better).
- Alkaline batteries (available in the cities)
- Self-sealing plastic bags.
- Dry bags
- Reading material
- Small notebook and pencil.